Worth Twittering Over
@WorkingLori via @iWavePRO | Very timely and in depth analysis of US political giving and prospect research. The US election is on everyone’s mind, and @WorkingLori has some thoughts on political giving and prospect research
@jenfilla @AnalyticsWeek | Demystifying Data Warehouses, Data Lakes and Data Marts
@ProRInstitute @EverTrue @KeithHannon | See what happens when fundraisers go digital. Note there is still a need for prospect research. As Cornell’s 1st digital gift officer, @KeithHannon got a portfolio of leadership prospects. Here’s what happened:
@ProRInstitute @Rachel_Dakarian @nytimes | @Rachel_Dakarian consistently finds the most helpful prospect research news! Here’s some more: Towers of Secrecy: piercing the shell companies behind the recent wave of opaque real estate deals
@Vogontroubadour | My exploration of family foundations Part 2
- @jenfilla @CFRE_INTL | A success factor = dedicated prospect research, of course!Major gifts: getting to the heart of what matters: The National Heart Foundation’s NSW CEO Kerry Doyle and NSW Board President Rebecca Davies share the key learnings from their study tour of nonprofit organisations in the US and UK.
- @s_schuller @BestBizWeb | Access UK company data for free via Companies House
- @SoleSearcherPR @MsSParkinson | May I point your attention to Sharon @MsSParkinson’s brand new blog, prospect research people?!!
- @jmfors @APForg @ndidiNwuneli | We are very excited to release the Toolkit for African Philanthropists. Please enjoy & share!
- @APRA_NT @BloomerangTech | 3 Tips for Identifying Planned Giving Donors
- @WealthX | Wealth-X reveals the golden rules and best practices for effective UHNW prospecting
- @chrisfactary @_EVPA_ | Venture philanthropy: my report-back from the EVPA conference. Prospect research has a job to do
- @Vogontroubadour | Dear Analyst: What to do when gift officers ask staff outside of the research department for research?
@SoleSearcherPR | Janet Keller “wants to see more students become good teachers.”Her $1M gift to University of Toledo will help
@SoleSearcherPR | Fashion meets philanthropy at my alma mater! Suzanne Rogers’ $1M gift for aspiring designers
@APRA_NT | Women are changing face of philanthropy: “If you are like me – Jewish, female, and a baby boomer – you are part of a growing group of women philanthropists transforming the Jewish world.”
@jenfilla @BecomingDataSci | Interested in fundraising analytics? Check out female data scientist @BecomingDataSci’s YouTube video presentation!
@MsSParkinson @APRAUNY | This is a great new feature for salary comparisons, but leaving out a gender filter is a major oversight: New LinkedIn tool lets you compare your salary to others with the same job.
@MsSParkinson @WSJ | Melinda Gates Focuses the World’s Largest Foundation on Gender
@Rachel_Dakarian @InsidePhilanthr | “…do Hollywood stars represent the sleeping giants of arts education philanthropy?” J-Law jumps into philanthropy with generous gifts in Kentucky:
@ProRInstitute @bixwomen @SheWorx | @SheWorx is changing how female entrepreneurs gather and conference
- @jenfilla @MsSParkinson | The growth of women as political donors is a bipartisan trend
From Our Favorite Blogs
ProRInstitute Blog List
- Data Protection, Consent, and Prospect Research | Nicola Williams via Factary | @Factary
- Giving Days Done Right with Major Donors – UCSB | Justin Ware | @JustinJWare
- Advanced Google Search Tips for Prospect Research | Emily Davis | @eheinlen @EverTrue
- Measuring Affinity | APRA Greater Houston
- THE PAC SERIES: Conclusion | iWave Blog | @iWavePRO
- 10 Steps to Deliver on International Prospecting | Jason Briggs via Learning Edge | @jasonjbriggs
On The Calendar
Prospect Development Events
This course teaches you how to find, understand and share how your prospect’s insider stock and compensation can turn into a gift. We demonstrate a clear path to finding the information you need for fundraising and you get to practice with real life examples. 1/19-2/10/2017 | 9 seats left | Details
7 Dec – 9 Dec | Fort Lauderdale, FL
Discuss the latest developments in campaign planning and execution. Facilitated group work will offer a chance for hands-on learning and real-world problem solving. Teams from the same institution are encouraged but not required. Click here for details.