Worth Twittering Over
A few key resources shared:
@HerringtonEnotA @pndblog | Those hours you search and search because the donor, celebrity or MGO said they’re philanthropic, but nothing. PhilanTopic Survey: 82% of Americans Say They Give to Charity, but 47% of Donors Give Only Sporadically.
@AmandasInk | Having too much fun at work. Here’s to going beyond identification and helping with major, major gift strategy. Earned this. #prospectresearch
- @jenfilla @iWavePRO | Fear not Prospect Research – where there’s affinity there’s a way! @iWavePRO weighs in: “THE PAC SERIES – AFFINITY: Finding the Major Gift Donor of Your Dreams“
@CeciliaHogan | So impressive. How great to have these people doing what they do. America’s Top Givers of 2015: The ranking of the 50 biggest givers in America, based soley on money given out, not pledged, in 2015.
- @annaliisa @chrisfactary | Between this and the BI article on secrecy post Panama Papers prospect research has its work cut out for it! UHNWIs are making their homes ‘invisible’. Tricky for prospect research.
- @SoleSearcherPR | A critical read for prospect research advocates and data nerds. “Why many analytics exercises fall short: They disrupt the balance of power in the C-Suite.”
- @ProRInstitute @donorguru | Donor-Advised Funds: Philanthropy’s Hot-Button Issue
- @jenfilla @NEDRA_Tweets @ameliaaldred @AskHelenBrown | HOT prospect research trend: know your industries; teach fundraisers. “Interviewing Venture Capital and Private Equity Professionals“
- @ElizabethHRoma @srbernstein | Tip: re-think what philanthropy might mean. “The Whole Wide World: How international prospect research helped me recognize my own bias and privilege.”
- @APRA_NT | “People think they are middle-class, whether they make $22k or $200k”
- @_MattFarrow | “What’s in a middle name? Read about David Smith’s background check snafu.”
- @Rachel_Dakarian @business | For elite, “research is tailor-made” “At banks, it’s mass production. It’s Target versus Hermès.” The Wall Street guru who only talks to the hedge-fund elite
@SoleSearcherPR @CommFdnsCanada | All the board directors at the community foundation in my hometown are women#gogirlresearch
@SoleSearcherPR | HER donor story warms my heart always. “Judith Jardine: Faculty of Medicine receives largest estate gift in its history“
@ProRInstitute @bizwomen | Free report on women-owned businesses
@APRA_NT | #gogirlresearch gets creative! “Collectivizing Cash To Let More People Into The High-Value Philanthropy Club“
@MsSParkinson | Ya done good @jenfilla @SoleSearcherPR! Just finished reviewing recording of yesterday’s women’s philanthropy webinar.
From Our Favorite Blogs
ProRInstitute Blog List
10 Steps to Deliver on International Prospecting | Jason Briggs via Learning Edge | @jasonjbriggs
International prospect research is commonly considered high risk in the sense that it often fails to bring satisfying results and takes considerably more resources. Therefore, there is extra emphasis for research managers to plan international prospecting carefully to mitigate these risks.…»
Warning! Anyone can do analytics. (A story about a persistent prospect research pro) | Jen Filla | @jenfilla
Two of the strongest characteristics prospect research professionals have in common is insatiable curiosity combined with a surprising boldness. We are proudly generalists! And very good at it too..…»
How to Perform Fundraising Data Analytics From Scratch | Emily Davis via EverTrue | @eheinlen @EverTrue
So, you’ve been assigned to work on your organization’s data analytics in order to show what variables are impacting your giving program, where your organization can improve its work processes, or what potential prospects are falling through the cracks. Now what?…»
Motivations of Leaders: Brock Silvey | APRA Illinois | @APRAIllinois
What makes Prospect Development a great career? APRA-IL is asking local and national industry leaders what the field means to them and why and how they have pursued success in Prospect Development. Through this blog series we will explore what drives industry leaders to propel their careers and Prospect Development forward.…»
Can You Trust Gift Capacity Ratings? 5 Things Fundraisers Should Know | Jen Filla | @jenfilla
Gift capacity ratings were a marketing moment for wealth screening companies. Suddenly thousands of records could be matched individually to wealth records and assigned a score. Your constituents could be assessed by their potential capacity – in the form of dollars. And everybody loves money. Have gift capacity ratings lived up to the hype? Yes!…»
On The Calendar
Prospect Development Events
30 Nov-15 Dec | Online
There is no clear “right” or “wrong” way to create capacity ratings. Together with your peers, read and watch carefully selected resources. Rate an already researched prospect. Participate in facilitated discussions about what the terms really mean, what’s behind the formulas we take for granted, and what to do with prospects that have more or less information. >>Learn more
3-4 Nov | Alexandria, VA
Advancing Leaders is the chance to focus on where the industry is headed and how we can help shape our organizations for the future. Click here for details.
2-4 Nov | New Orleans, LA
This conference is for the contemporary publications professional who understands the audience, holds to the highest standards, and seeks professional growth and change.Click here for details.