Worth Twittering Over
A few key resources shared:
- @APRA_NT | Check out their blog for the fabulous Week in Review summaries!
- @eclawson | Bored with your #prospectresearch profiles? The wisdom of obit writer @margalitfox might help you shake ’em up.
- @POlsenPhillips | 990 nerds rejoice: IRS Unleashes Flood of Searchable Charity Data
- @CeciliaHogan | So interesting! Aussies are getting rich 1) on their own and 2) via finance and real estate.
- @APRA_NT | How Much Everyone Working On a $200 Million Movie Earns | Vanity Fair
- @jenfilla @WealthX | Chinese #UHNW increase overseas #philanthropy
Some fun commentary:
- @Vogontroubadour | True for prospect research! Because Fundraisers, Vice Presidents… Poster: “Because employers want candidates who know the difference between a Web Search and Research.”
- @SteffanieMBrown | Never lie to someone who works in #prospectresearch. We basically know everything or can find it out. 🙂
- @PrairieJenn | AVP: You’d be such a great fundraiser. Me: I am a fundraiser. AVP: Right answer!
- Free white paper explaining the requirements for ongoing charitable solicitation compliance via Harbour Compliance
- @SoleSearcherPR | LIST WORTHY – Leading Ladies in Chicago Tech
- @CeciliaHogan | Bam! Women hold nearly one third of global private wealth, and the bulk of it comes from those who are self-made
- @yaledevresearch | Bypassing Private Equity to Get a Slice of the Big Deal “Her group at Goldman Sachs includes a number of prominent women, a scarcity in the worlds of both investment banking and private equity.”
- @NEDRA_Tweets | Book review: “How Women Decide” | Stereotypes surround women’s decisions and how their choices are perceived.
- @iWavePRO | “Women primed to give big“
- @APRA_NT | Here’s Why Successful Businesswomen Prioritize Philanthropy
From Our Favorite Blogs
ProRInstitute Blog List
Spotlight on APRA 2016 Conference SPONSORS and EXHIBITORS
Are you registered for APRA’s annual conference in Tennessee? July 27 is around the corner. Hurry!
- iWave | Why Canada Doesn’t Have Automated Screening and Top 3 Things Researchers Struggle With
- DonorSearch | 7 things you may not have known about charitable giving
- ADVIZOR Solutions | Nine Solutions for Fundraising
- Bentz Whaley Flessner | Research Verification is Mission Critical for Campaigns
- Foundation Center | Philanthropy News Digest
- GG+A | Get to Open as Quickly as Possible
- Lexis Nexis | How Empowered Women Are Taking the Fundraising Lead
- Target Analytics | Fundraising Research: Giving in an Election Year and more
- WealthEngine | Where Wealth Intelligence Meets Social Insights
On The Calendar
Prospect Development Events
17-19 Jul | New York, NY
The annual meeting of senior higher education advancement professionals. Learn about the concept of “shared leadership.” Five key sessions guaranteed to offer fresh perspectives. Senior-level insights from top graduate school faculty. [Learn More]
27-30 Jul | Nashville, TN
Mark your calendar for Prospect Development 2016, taking place July 27-30 at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, TN. Registration is now open! Secure your spot today.
27 Jul | Nashville, TN
In this session at APRA’s 29th Annual International Conference, Jen Filla navigates you step-by-step through the anatomy of a profile, including individual, corporate and foundation profiles, demonstrates how to interpret and present key philanthropy and wealth indicators, and puts you in the shoes of the end-user to create a better presentation format – all with engaging, hands-on activities. This is NOT a how-to-find, but a how-to-present session.
27-28 Jul | Boston, MA
This conference will feature empowering insights from advancement gurus who are achieving amazing results and changing the game. Attendees will connect with peers and experience interactive panels pairing advancement leaders with for-profit strategists, lending insight into how advancement teams can apply leading resources to connect with donors and maximize results.[Click here] for more information.
28 Jul | Nashville, TN
Prospect research often focuses on gift-ability, but some institutions are moving towards a model of assessing net worth and liquidity, particularly of the very wealthy or those in complex financial fields. While attending APRA’s 29th Annual International Conference, be sure to join Kat Banakis and Jen Filla in a conversation on pros, cons, and approaches to determining net worth and liquidity.
30 Jul | Nashville, TN
Forty-three percent of America’s wealthiest people are women. Women are either the sole charitable decision-maker or at least an equal partner in 90 percent of households. Jen Filla and Andrea Pactor take you from research study results to fundraising outcomes. At APRA’s 29th Annual International Conference, learn how to create tools to aid you in your work and to share these results with front-line fundraisers. Contribute to discussion on how focusing on women first will yield higher fundraising revenue.
Early Bird Deadline: APRA Canada 2016 Conference
31 Jul | Online
APRA Canada’s upcoming conference will take place October 12-14, 2016 in Toronto, ON. Catch the early bird pricing until July 31st. To learn more, click here.