Worth Twittering Over
- @chrisfactary | Prospect Research is under attack in the UK. With it goes major donor fundraising and high-value philanthropy.
@WealthX @ArtonCapital | Education receives the most from UHNWIs, but female donors lead the arts sector: Philanthropy Report 2016
@jenfilla @WFSullivan3 | Check out #8-10 of the Top-10 Trends in Wealth Management (Capgemini)
@s_schuller | Bankruptcy investigators find “false positives” of wealth indicators on social media via the Wall Street Journal
@thebigcormack | Decide what approach to rating is best for your organization and its constituency, then use it and stay consistent | David Lawson: After 5 years in business the average founder owns about 30% of business | (CASE Development Researchers conference)
- @SoleSearcherPR | Blog Post: To be a great woman, I have a lot to learn in 2017. | Welcome to the Patricia A. Chin School of Nursing at Cal State ($7M gift to her double alma mater) | “Education is my number one reason for giving” — Mitzi Blahd who gave $1M to Santa Monica College.
- @SoleSearcherPR | @dandpcs | @MsTeresaYounger | I hope my research peeps see this: “It’s not about having a seat at the table. It’s about taking the table away and making sure we have enough chairs and enough room for us to be in a circle together – to value what we have going on.” -Teresa Younger
@SoleSearcherPR | @Rachel_Dakarian | @Philanthropy | Who said women don’t give big? Helen Diller Foundation grants $500M to UCSF; invests in public education.
@ProRInstitute @bizwomen | How Boardlist is using data to bust the pipeline myth
- @ProRInstitute @InnovateWomen | When Women Run Companies: What happens to their employees?
From Our Favorite Blogs
ProRInstitute Blog List
- Why We Need More Female Physicians | Preeti Gill via A Few Great Women blog | @SoleSearcherPR
My Data is Your Data | Jason Shults via Philanthropy Tech blog | @JasonShults587
Introduction to Data-Driven Fundraising | Zach Shefska via Fundraising Report Card | @shefska
How To Find New Major Gift Prospects?| Jen Filla via Information Seeking blog | @jenfilla
Disentangling facts and values in the UK’s wealth screening controversy | Ian MacQuillin via Intelligent Edge blog | @IanMacQuillin
On The Calendar
Prospect Development Events
17 Feb – 3 Mar | 10-Seat Limit | Online
There is no clear “right” or “wrong” way to create capacity ratings. Together with your peers, read and watch carefully selected resources. Rate an already researched prospect. Participate in facilitated discussions about what the terms really mean, what’s behind the formulas we take for granted, and what to do with prospects that have more or less information. Click here for more information.
1 Feb – 3 Feb | Seattle, WA
This year’s theme is Sounding Out-the notion that through a strategic, thoughtful, shared experience, we will discover new and innovative ways to advance and leverage the impact of education. Visit Prospect Research Institute in the exhibit hall! Click here to learn more.
6 Feb – 17 Feb | Online
Chapters join APRA International to host complimentary learning and networking activities for prospect development professionals in formats that range from a Twitter Talk to an interactive webinar. Click here to learn more.
6 Mar – 7 Apr | 10-Seat Limit | Online
Learn to qualify your prospects with public information. This course teaches you how to build a prospect profile with simple search techniques – step by step. Past students have transformed how they find and communicate prospect information, including changing their profile format for an easier read and sharing their insights about the information with the front-line fundraiser. Click here for more information.