Worth Twittering Over
A few key resources shared:
- @ElizabethHRoma @jeffbrooks | 5 Smart Assumptions to Make About the Way Your Donors Read – Same goes for gift officers too. Keep this in mind when writing prospect research profiles!
- @jenfilla | Motivations:Donors Increasingly Blending Philanthropic and Political Giving
- @HerringtonEnotA @TheEconomist | How culture influences image of excessive compensation. No problem for this “issue” with the US. In Japan even top bosses earn only $1m a year on average. Why huge salaries are embarrassing.
- @iWavePro @WorkingLori | Guest post by @WorkingLori explaining “impact giving” in prospect research & fundraising.
@jenfilla | Have you seen @iWavePRO’s new Prospect Research cheat sheet? Check it out!
@HerringtonEnotA @businessinsider | Interesting way to look at cost of living & consider when you’re looking at a prospect’s wealth. This map shows what $100 is really worth in your state
- @James_Rygg | Fundraising explained thru “knock, knock” jokes: Adventures in Prospect Development.
- @jasonjbriggs | Asked to write up a project summary of what won our @IOFInsight award. Here it is! I just published “Philanthropy For Us – International Fundraising Insight Report“
- @SoleSearcherPR | The journalist in me brought back more QUESTIONS than answers from #APRAPD2016
- @CeciliaHogan | “Clutter and confusion are failures of design, not attributes of information.” > Edward R. Tufte
- @jenfilla | Private co valuation data for free? It’s coming Prospect Researcher Pro! via @deborahdrucker
- @APRA_NT | APRA North Texas Week in Review blog covers the best new resources each week
- @ameliaaldred | New Portuguese page added to the Prospect Research Internat’l glossary! Thx Amanda Moreira! Arabic vocab added courtesy of Yusra Al-Jubouri
- @annaliisa @CeciliaHogan | Another reminder that if we overlook the women, we’re leaving money on the table: Women Hold Nearly One-Third of Global Private Wealth
- @WPIinsights | Implications of research on gender & philanthropy for intergenerational transfer of wealth in great @pndblog post
- @SHQxx | Duke is doing interesting things with their Women’s Impact Network
- @FiveThirtyEight | Why women are no longer catching up to men on pay.
- @srbernstein | Hillary Clinton’s old girl’s network
- @npquarterly | At the Olympics, the gender gap remains grossly disproportionate from the fields to board
- @jenfilla @mrjasongrad | Know thy donor motivations! 22 successful women-led companies prove there’s much more to business than profits and technology
- @jenfilla @katcrimmins | Imagine that! Research: The Gender Gap in Startup Success Disappears When Women Fund Women via @nuzzel
- @ProRInstitute @Prepared_city | This woman-led startup is doing some interesting things with analytics and social impact! Start-up senses mood through big data
From Our Favorite Blogs
ProRInstitute Blog List
There was a cry for help on the PRSPCT-L list-serv: “I’m a new researcher and my boss wants me to provide net worth on a prospect. He says it was the previous practice to do this and I can get what I need to calculate it from Dun & Bradstreet.” What would your response be? … Continue reading Net Worth: Nasty, Nice, or Neutral? → The post Net Worth: Nasty, Nice, or Neutral? appeared first on Jennifer Filla.…»
In a previous post, we explored just how important real estate data can be in your prospect research. But what about those pesky Canadians and their strict privacy laws? How are you going to learn more about prospects north of the border or, if you’re a Canadian nonprofit, in your very own community? Canadian real […] The post The Case For Canadian Real Estate Research appeared first on iWave Information Systems.…»
Whew! It’s been quite a fortnight.* I attended the APRA International Prospect Development 2016 conference in Nashvegas Nashville, TN and presented on the venture capital industry and on creating a team newsletter (slides from both presentations are available on the APRA website for members), then had a case of Exploding Inbox when I got back […]…»
I love Twitter. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve been alerted to a key article or wealth list or study that, because of Twitter, I heard about the moment it was published. Not only does Twitter give me an edge on the news but it allows me to communicate and share information instantly with […]…»
On The Calendar
Prospect Development Events
There is no clear “right” or “wrong” way to create capacity ratings. Together with your peers, read and watch carefully selected resources. Rate an already researched prospect. Participate in facilitated discussions about what the terms really mean, what’s behind the formulas we take for granted, and what to do with prospects that have more or less information. >>Learn more