Designed especially for the nonprofit environment, the Essentials for Successful Fundraising Research Workbook covers key research skills to add to your fundraising best practices toolkit. You learn about identifying good prospects, tips for performing profile research, and prospect management techniques to keep prospects moving toward a gift.
What’s in the Workbook
The workbook is printed and contains 47 pages of content:
- Breaks down the profile search into five distinct categories with search hints and tips
- Includes search engine search tips plus a Google advanced search tip sheet
- Fills in the “gaps” of knowledge about public and private data and information sources
- Introduces you to Recency Frequency Monetary (RFM) scoring, capacity ratings, and other prospecting tools and techniques
- Breaks down prospect management into pieces and introduces you to assembling them at your organization.
- Career resources and a Glossary with more than 25 terms defined across 5 pages
Please note that this workbook is designed to accompany an instructor’s step-by-step demonstration of search to beginners. This workbook is NOT designed as stand-alone search instruction. It works best when paired with other learning opportunities, such as our Essentials for Successful Fundraising Research on-demand course (available with the Research Connector and Research Focused membership levels), your institution’s new hire training, or even workshops or conferences.
You Will Also Receive
In addition to the workbook, you also have access to these great free resources:
- Research Links Directory of the best free and fee sources
- The Profile Collection of templates and commentary available with the FREE Knowledge Seekers membership
- Video on Ethics and Privacy available on YouTube
About the Author
I’m Jennifer Filla, a Prospect Researcher and Fundraiser at Aspire Research Group LLC and co-author of Prospect Research for Fundraisers: The Essential Handbook, part of the AFP/Wiley Fund Development Series. I have been a member of AFP and APRA for more than ten years.
For more than five years I have been speaking and presenting at AFP and APRA meetings and conferences. The demand for clear instruction that can be applied immediately at the fundraising office led me to launch the Prospect Research Institute.
- Cost: USD$35 + shipping
- Media: Print only
- Pages: 47 content | 56 printed
- Delivery: snail mail, 2-3 weeks for on-demand printing
For shipping questions please email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org