Request for Inquiries
|Contractor Role||eLearning Course Creator|
|Location||Remote office – the Institute is an all-virtual company|
|Reports To||Jen Filla, President of the Prospect Research Institute (the “Institute”)|
|Purpose Summary||The Institute is seeking a contractor to maintain and grow its educational content. The contractor will maintain existing education offerings, as well as work with subject matter experts to create new courses, workbooks, and other content. The contractor will also support the development of content for other member learning activities.|
About the Prospect Research Institute
The Prospect Research Institute is a vibrant, online learning community that provides high-quality educational content, the opportunity to connect with peers, and an outlet for new ideas in the field of nonprofit fundraising research. We offer an online membership community with hybrid courses and classes, and other educational content that prepares prospect development professionals for their work in prospect research, fundraising analytics and relationship management.
Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, the Institute is a program of Aspire Research Group LLC (“Aspire”), which provides prospect research consulting services to nonprofit fundraisers.
The right candidate for this work
- You enjoy constant learning and change in a team culture that values new ideas.
- An entrepreneurial risk-taker, you work independently with the confidence and discretion to manage projects with little supervision.
- You keep track of all the details, and adeptly organize everything – files, ideas, systems, subscriptions, and more.
- You are always thinking of ways to make it better and faster, and maybe even cheaper!
- Your curiosity drives you to meaningful exchanges with learners that informs everything we do.
What you’ll do
- Create: Design, test, launch, and update online learning experiences, including courses, webinars, master classes, workbooks, and others.
- Create: Accurately state instructional end goals and create content that matches them.
- Create: Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods.
- Create: Learning experiences that are highly engaging, that employ optional or required activities that are fun, flexible, and measurable. The Institute values fun learning that empowers learners to explore their environments.
- Assess Learner Experiences: Guide, inform, and participate in the Institute’s learner interactivity such as the Slack team, live meetings, homework submission and feedback. The Institute values high-touch, deep-learning member experiences.
- Explore: Organize, facilitate, and participate in data gathering to keep track of new and better technology solutions, as well as learner needs and perceptions.
- Assess: Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments.
- Collaborate: With the Institute’s members to create cohesive and engaging blended learning programs.
Skills you’ll bring for success
- Experience creating and launching online learning experiences.
- Knowledge of instructional design and online learning development methodology.
- Proven ability to meet project goals and deadlines.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with graphic editing software preferred.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Audio/Video editing software preferred (currently using Camtasia).
- Knowledge of and proficiency with MS Word. Strong MS PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to produce results by leveraging resources, building relationships, and by being adaptable and flexible to change.
- Experience or familiarity with Learning Management Systems (LMS) (currently using Thinkific).
What the Institute will provide
- Because the Institute is looking to increase its internal capacity for course-building, it can provide the software necessary to perform the work.
- You will have access to the Institute and Aspire teams through Slack for direct communications and quick response.
- You will have a licensed seat on the Institute’s Dropbox account to accommodate file-sharing.
- You will have an alias email at the Institute to facilitate communications with our constituency, including subject matter experts.
- Limited graphic design and video editing support is available through the Institute’s marketing contractors.
- Freedom to create your best work and make a visible impact on the organization and the field of fundraising prospect research!
Does this “jump-in-and-do-it” opportunity sound interesting to you? Please email Jen Filla and request a 30-minute Zoom meeting to discuss. At the end of that meeting we can decide if we want to take a next step together.
Anticipated time for inquiries is through February 28, 2022.
Thank you for considering!